Our Current Sermon Series - LUKE’S CANON
Join us for a journey through the biblical books of Luke and Acts. To get the most out of the message each Sabbath we suggest that you read the assigned passage throughout the week. Study Acts 4:1-22 from October 1 to October 8, to prepare for next week’s message.
“The First” CANCELLED for October - The Family Life gathering that normally happens on the first Friday evening of each month is cancelled for October.
The Lord’s Supper - For those unable to attend celebrating the Lord’s Supper in the church at 10:50 AM on October 1, there will be a service provided in the Assembly Room (First Floor) at Fletcher Park Inn, at 1:30pm on October 1. This will be open to all who trust in Jesus for salvation, led by Pastors Ivan & Elvera Blake.
SDA Community Singles in the Park - Bring potluck food to share as we meet for lunch on Sabbath, October 1 at 12:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
That Flute Guy - David K. (Konstantopoulos) will be in concert on Sabbath, October 1, at 6:00pm in our church sanctuary. Serving God for over 25 years with a heart to serve God, and a desire to make a difference.
ACBC Bookmobile - Order deadline is noon Sunday, October 2. To order by phone call 1-800-366-1844 or online at www.AdventistBookCenter.com. The Adventist Christian Book Center will deliver prepaid orders Sunday, October 9 from 11:15am to 11:30am in our church parking lot. Please be on time!
Fletcher Academy Homecoming Weekend - October 7-9 on FA Campus. Celebrating landmarks for all classes ending in 2 or 7, most notably the special honor classes of: 1972, 1982, 1997, and 2012. Local alumni are encouraged to bring food for Sabbath potluck at the Lelia Patterson Center. Alumni Weekend Details: www.fletcheracademy.com
Robert Johnson Memorial Service - Monday, October 3 at 2:00pm, Western Carolina State Veterans Cemetery (Chapel), 962 Old US Hwy 70. Black Mountain, NC 28711. Robert passed away on August 1 in Apopka Florida near his daughter Lori. He was a member of the Fletcher church for about 40 years.
"Experiencing God" Weekend with Joe Kidder - October 14-15. Dr. Joe Kidder will be sharing three messages here at the Fletcher Church. Plan now to attend and invite your friends and neighbors. These messages will appeal to all people. Dr. Kidder teaches at the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary. He grew up in Iraq and has served as a pastor.
Friday, October 14 at 7:00pm Experiencing God’s Forgiveness
Sabbath, October 15 at 10:50am Escape From Iraq
Sabbath, October 15 at 5:30pm Experiencing God’s Grace
Church Hike - is being rescheduled for October 22 (the 4th Sabbath instead of the 3rd Sabbath). Please spread the word. On October 22 we hope to arrange a hike that will take in the fall colors with great views, i.e. Mt. Pisgah, John’s Rock, etc. Suggestions always appreciated. Contact Terry or Pat Higgins at 828-674-4493 or 828-674-4559 .
Barn Party - November 12 - at the Moore’s farm on Howard Gap Road. Gathering at 5:30pm, all are invited!
Foster Children’s Christmas Party - December 4 at the Lelia Patterson Center. See page 4 for more info.
Flowers Sign up sheet - If you would like to dedicate a live flower arrangement (for the sanctuary, $50.00 minimum) in honor of a birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion, please use the sign up sheet on the table under the TV in the narthex, or contact Tisha Kirwan at 239-284-2973 for more details.
Car Needed - A member of our congregation needs to replace a worn out car. If you know of an available reliable, affordable car, please call the church office.
OTHER NEWS AROUND OUR COMMUNITY
SAVE THE DATE – December 9 - Arden Church 50th Anniversary - Fifty years ago the Arden Seventh-day Adventist Church was born. The Church Charter was signed in December, 1972. Celebrate the past 50 years at a homecoming with Arden family far and near on Friday evening December 9.
The hospital needs volunteers! Please contact Shelby Lands (Volunteer Coordinator, 828-681-2153) with AdventHealth to strategize how you can be involved. Among other needs, they need volunteers in the ER as patient navigators, and also some administrative assistance in the Baby Place. The hospital lost a lot of volunteers as a result of COVID, and much like our churches, is trying to bounce back. If you would love to step in and serve please contact Shelby.
You are invited to be a prayer warrior for our church - Prayer groups meet by phone Fridays at 7:00am and Sundays at 7:30pm. We meet for 20-30 minutes praying for specific members and needs and with an emphasis on the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Simply dial (1) 425-436-6304 and when prompted use the access code 6840332. For more info please contact Susan Wetmore at 828-891-9296.
Church Directory - We are using myEADVENTIST as our church directory. This online resource allows you to look up contact information for our church family and to edit some of your own information. Please contact the church office for instructions for accessing the directory. A link will be emailed to you that must be used within three days. If your link expires, contact the church office for a new one.
Fletcher Church Thrift Shop drop-off donations - are now being received on Tuesdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Please do not leave items on the porch or outside the building (on Doelger Dr.) No furniture. Only sellable items. For drop-off appointments call (828) 329-2634.
If you would like to be added to our prayer list please speak with one of the pastors or contact the church office during office hours. You are welcome to join us in praying for the following people:
Individuals with private needs. Also: Noreen Harrison (in hospice Care) and her children, Lori, & Michael; Cheri Matthews (recovery from surgery), her step-father (cancer) & mother; Michael Hill; Don Wetmore; Don Hanson; Elizabeth Culver; Elaine Myers; Wendi Pendleton, for full recovery; Brittney (Weis) Kinney, cancer spreading; Robin Pratt’s sister, Marilee Jeffeaux, bad fall & surgery, prayers for a full recovery; Setsko Carey’s mother Motoko and her husband; Ellen Herman, Maria Nudd’s mother; Gene and Anne Krishingner; Hub Garmon; Jon Smith; Paula Saunders; Shari & Kyrie Ruiz; Susan Chun’s niece, Janice Chun, leukemia; Debbie Shaw’s friend; Monica Rogers - cancer, sister of Mike O’Connor; Tara Rains; Steven Jones, military service; Sharon Brinson; Gerald Moretz; Brad Hansen; Bob & Joyce Osborne; Ron Holt; Jack LaPrade; Chuck Workman; John Campbell; Brexton Fleming, developmental challenges; Thomas Berry, friend of Rene Boren; Polivka’s friend Christine Davis; Kathy Sterner’s sister-in-law, heart; Dave Pendleton’s friends; Our home-bound members; Fletcher Academy Ministries Inc.; Captain Gilmer Christian School; Fletcher Park Inn; Radio Station WFHC; AdventHealth.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH BY THE FLETCHER SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
Many church members are actively involved in serving their community. They do it freely, generously, without making known what they do. But we hear about some of what is done in the name of Christ, and we give thanks to God for this effective ministry.
Below is a list of some of the organized and known activities that serve needs of people in our community and beyond. If you would like to get involved in helping with one or more of these ministries, please contact the pastors or one of the ministry leaders.
1. The Thrift Store, a ministry of Fletcher Church, is staffed by volunteers from our church community and beyond. It provides clothing, furniture, and household items to the public. Often the store assists people who face hard times by donating materials.
2. Programs on Divorce Recovery, Depression Management, "Get Your Life Back," attract people from the community. The programs run for several weeks at a time and occur throughout the year.
3. A faithful team of volunteers from our church serves lunch every Sunday to the homeless at the Hendersonville Rescue Mission. One of our members is a chaplain at the Rescue Mission. We are happy to welcome residents at the Mission to our worship service each week.
4. Our church facility is a venue for weekly meetings held by Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. Such organizations often have difficulty being accommodated by churches. We are happy to open our doors to these recovery support groups.
5. We partner with other Seventh-day Adventist Churches to support our schools Fletcher Academy and Captain Gilmer Christian School. Members of our congregation work and volunteer at the schools and provide scholarship funds for children from the community as well as for members of our church family.
6. Each year up to 70 children attend the Foster Children’s Christmas Party which is put on by our church. Henderson County Social Services partner with us to select the families. Our church members purchase gifts for the children and provide food and funds to shower the kids with love.
7. Children and youth from the community are sponsored each summer to attend age-appropriate Summer Camp at NOSOCA Pines Ranch in South Carolina.
8. Our congregation supports the Interfaith Assistance Ministry organization with funds and volunteer help. This organization has skilled personnel who assist needy persons in Henderson County with food, clothing, rent assistance, and utility payments.
9. Agencies such as Safelight, Free Clinics, and Open Arms Pregnancy Center in Hendersonville are supported by members of our church who provide volunteer help.
10. Bible Presentations are held each year to serve those who respond to our invitations with opportunities to know God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ and life in the Spirit.
11. Our church sponsors a family who has devoted years of their lives to serve in a country where Jesus is not known, to share Christ through incarnational ministry in Overseas Missions.
General Technician (Full-Time) – Plant Services – Fletcher Academy, Inc. Ministries – 1 OPENING REMAINING!
Construction (Full-Time) – Fletcher Academy, Inc. Enterprise – (Contact Human Resources for Overview of Role) – NEW POSITION!
Assistant Supervisor – Community Housekeeping Team – Fletcher Park Inn – M-F FT HOURLY W/ FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE!
Contact Collin Petty at 828-209-6714 or email email@example.com for more information.